Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Chicken Fajitas

A few weeks ago, I made some homemade salsa and it was pretty delicious.  I had plenty of chicken in the freezer so I decided to make some chicken fajitas the following day.  The next morning, I made my own tortillas since they don't sell them here in Angola (and homemade is so much better).  I had some awesome black beans in the freezer that I'd made a few weeks ago, so I defrosted them and made some rice. This turned out to be a really great dinner and I did a lot of work ahead of time so dinner prep didn't take that long that evening.

Marinade
2 tablespoons oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder

1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons oil
1 green pepper
1 large onion,  chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
tortillas
toppings - Shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc

Combine marinade ingredients and place in a large releasable bag.  Add chicken and turn to fully coat. Marinate 4 hours- overnight. Overnight is really best, if you can swing it.

In a large cast iron skillet, saute peppers and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Remove with slotted spoon.
Remove chicken from marinade.and add to the  same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper/onion mixture to pan; heat through.
Spoon into tortillas and serve along with your favorite fajita toppings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef