Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Feta yogurt dip and pita bread

I had a version of this dip at a great little greek restaurant last weekend so I decided to try to recreate it.  It turned out pretty tasty!

Feta Yogurt Dip
1 cup greek yogurt
1-1 1/3 cup feta cheese
juice half lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
olive oil (drizzle on top)

This is a pretty easy recipe that can be modified to your specific tastes.
Mix in food processor or by hand for a chunkier version.  Adjust lemon, garlic, s&p, and olive oil to your taste.  Chill for at least 30 mins. It's easy and delicious. 
It's best served with raw veggies and homemade pita bread (recipe found here).

4 comments:

  1. Melissa have you found a good Greek yogurt here that isn't pre-sweetened with honey?

    Thanks,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, Unfortuntately I haven't found any there. I'm in the US right now and was able to buy it easily. However, I do have a good recipe for yogurt (you will have to order yogurt starter or find someone locally that has some). http://melosculinsaryadventures.blogspot.com/2013/10/homemade-yogurt.html

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a nice, simple dip. It sounds delicious. Thanks for the inspiration. I love Greek yogurt, it's so creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I will try to make it! I will take you to Tarpon Springs to shop for authentic Greek items!

    ReplyDelete

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef