Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Friday, July 27, 2012

Vegetable Lasagna

 I decided I was in the mood for some veggie lasagna. This recipe is full of yummy vegetables and it is so delicious that not even the most hardcore carnivore will miss the meat.  I used zucchini, a mixture of mushrooms, onion, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.  I sautéed all the veggies then added wine and the tomatoes and let it cook until the sauce reduced and thickened up a little.

For the cheese (because you can't make lasagna without lots and lots of cheese), I used Mozzarella slices and a ricotta/Parmesan mixture.  I used no boil noodles because that's all I could find at the store. I topped it with a little more Parmesan and into the oven it went.  I baked it for about 45 minutes and let it cool for about 15 minutes before serving.  

The servings came out perfectly - no falling apart pieces.  YAY! It turned out beautifully and was so tasty that I couldn't wait to eat it again the next day!  I served it with salad and the sourdough bread that I picked up from my trip to San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef