Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Friday, July 13, 2012

One sauce=2 entirely different meals

 I made a nice, healthy meal from recipes on SparkPeople for dinner on Monday. It was seared scallops with a mint pea puree, wild rice and roasted vegetables.  It was fantastic and healthy and beautiful!  The vegetables were so a little different because they had a can of pineapple chunks (with juice) and dill weed mixed in it.  I used zucchini instead of potatoes but other than that, followed the recipe as written.  I really liked the veggies and will definitely make them again soon.
I had a ton of the puree left over, so I decided to save it and use it for dinner the following night.  Well, I had very little time to prepare dinner on Tuesday night, so I pulled out the gnocchi that I had frozen from a couple weeks ago, boiled them and tossed them in oil in the morning then left them in the fridge until dinner time.  Then, for dinner, I just had to heat the pea sauce, make and crumble bacon, sauté the gnocchi and dinner was done. I didn't have time to take a picture of the gnocchi but it was delicious with the pea sauce and the bacon garnish!  YUMM!!! For those that don't readily have gnocchi in the freezer, ready to go ;) you could use prepared gnocchi from the grocery store or sub it out for another pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef