Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Friday, June 29, 2012

Delicious Dinner Quiche

I couldn't get that stupid, horrible pie crust out of my head so I decide to make a quiche (with homemade pie crust) for dinner Thursday night. Luckily, I redeemed myself wonderfully! I used a Martha Stewart recipe for the crust and loosely based my quiche off one of hers too.  I made the pie crust dough and let it chill in the fridge for an hour.  Then I rolled out the dough (which did NOT crumble, like the last one did) and put it in the pie dish and let it sit until time to bake.  I then sliced a bundle of asparagus, shallots and mushrooms for the filling.  I sautéed them in butter until the asparagus was nice and bright green.  I let that cool then filled the pie crust wit gruyere cheese that I shredded (about a cup).
 I topped the cheese with the sautéed veggies then mixed together eggs, half n half, nutmeg, salt and pepper and poured it on top of the veggies. I placed it on a baking sheet and baked it for an hour (rotating it half way through the cooking time).  I let it cool for 15 minutes and made a lovely salad with mixed greens, broccoli, carrots, jicama, grape tomatoes and some lemon vinaigrette.  It was really such a delicious meal!  We don't normally have quiche so it was a nice, delectable change of pace.

This picture is kind of blurry but if you squint your eyes you can see the deliciousness. The crust was so perflectly flakey and yummy!  Yes, I realize it is not completely covering the pie plate.  I'll work on perfecting that next time.

Here is the link to the pie crust and the quiche recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef