Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Friday, August 22, 2014

Crispy Garbanzo Beans, the perfect snack


These things are so good!  They make a great, healthy snack food.  Oh, and they are easy and have very few ingredients. The seasonings can be changed to just about anything.  I've listed what I used today but I've made them with curry powder, cumin, and just salt and pepper. I've heard of people making them with cinnamon but I haven't tried that yet. This can easily be doubled (just make sure your baking pan is big enough for a single layer)

1 can of garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
seasonings-
Big drizzle of worcestershire sauce
garlic powder
sea salt 
ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Drain and throughly rinse the garbanzo beans.  Lay them out and dry with paper towels.  Place on a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Mix around with your hands until everything is thoroughly coated.  Roast until crispy.  In my oven it took about 45 minutes.  You want them crispy but if you leave them too long, they will burn.  So start checking them at about the 30 minute point and keep a close eye on them. Also, shake the pan every 15 minutes or so to help them cook evenly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this recipe at my sister's house this weekend. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef