Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Friday, February 16, 2018

Spicy Mustard

Do you know how easy it is to make mustard?  I'm almost embarrassed to post a recipe because it is so simple.  But because I don't think it's common knowledge I'm going to share this easy, yummy, spicy mustard recipe with you.




The hardest part of making mustard is getting the mustard seeds.  I ordered mine from Amazon because I don't know how easy it is to find brown and yellow mustard seeds in Abuja.  And I don't feel like taking the time to find out.  So, Amazon to the rescue.

1/4 cup brown mustard seeds
1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon turmeric

Mustard seeds soaking in vinegar and water





Place mustard seeds, vinegar, and water in a glass jar.  Cover and let it soak for about 2 days. Pour into a blender or food processor and add the salt, honey, and turmeric.  Blend until it forms a paste.  That's it.  Can you believe it?  It is so good too.  If you don't like spicy mustard, you can leave the brown seeds out and use 1/2 cup of yellow mustard seeds instead.










This mustard goes great with my homemade pretzels (which I'll try to post in the next few days).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef