Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Shrimp and Grits

I love shrimp and grits!  It's not something I make very often but when I do, I always wonder why I don't make them more frequently.  This is such a quick, easy meal to prepare and it tastes fantastic!  I used parmesan and cheddar in my grits but you can substitute it with any cheese you prefer.  Also, cooking the grits in stock will give it a deeper flavor.



Grits
4 cups water (or stock)
1 cup grits
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup shredded parmesan
1 cup shredded cheddar
salt and pepper to taste

Shrimp
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
7 slices bacon, chopped
juice of half a med lemon
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/3 cup sliced green onions
2 cloves minced garlic


Bring water to a boil, add grits.  Cook, stirring occasionally about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, cheeses, and salt and pepper.

Rinse and pat dry shrimp. Cook back pieces until crispy then remove from pan.  Saute shrimp in the bacon grease until pink.  Add lemon juice, parsley, onions, and garlic and continue to cook about a minute.

Get a nice big serving of grits and top with the delicious shrimp mixture.  Heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef