Click here to see recipe listing or travel by country

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back RIBS!

Isn't this a beautiful sight?
Here is a great meal to make on a weekend when you have a little more time. I prepared everything the same day but you can make the barbecue sauce and marinate the ribs overnight, splitting up the amount of time/work over two days.  For the sauce, I combined:
1 cup ketchup
1 cup of white vinegar
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon each of - garlic powder and onion powder
and brought it to a boil then reduced it to a simmer and allowed it to cook for about 45 minutes (stirring occasionally).  Once it gets nice and thick, it's done.




 I then took about 4 1/2 lbs of ribs and cut them up into several 
portions (6 ribs per portion), I coated each portion of ribs with barbecue sauce and wrapped them tightly in foil.  Once they were all wrapped up, I let them sit in the frigde for a few hours (overnight is best but I was not that prepared).  I then placed them on baking sheets in a preheated 300 degree oven and let them cook low and slow for about 2 hours and 15 minutes.  These ribs will make your whole house smell AMAZING!!!  Meanwhile, I had my husband (because he's the grill master at our house) heat the grill up and start the corn.  When the ribs were done in the oven, I removed them from the foil, brushed them with more barbecue sauce and put them on the grill for a couple minutes on each side.  Best. Ribs. Ever!

To accompany the corn, I roasted a jalapeno (seeded and ribs removed) on the grill, then diced it up and added it a softened stick of butter, added the juice of lime and rolled it up plastic wrap until hardened. Yummmm!


I also made some southwestern corn muffins (from a mix), a salad (from all the veggies I had in my fridge) and some baked potato fries (from a bag).  This meal was so delicious my daughter asked for it breakfast the next day :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete

Petitchef

All recipes are on Petitchef